Design Partners is a product design & innovation agency located in the garden of Ireland, just south of Dublin city. Our mission is to elevate human potential. We collaborate with the world’s most innovative brands to create meaningful products and services that empower and inspire people. Our experienced researchers, strategists, designers, engineers and makers bring ideas to life that empower people to achieve incredible things.
We are seeking an experienced and thoughtful Design Researcher to join our outstanding team to revamp and reimagine products, services, and experiences for some of the world’s most exciting consumer, professional and healthcare brands. You will work with the team to uncover deep insights, frame opportunities, roadmap the future, and sweat the detail as we collectively bring visions to life.
Your primary role is to plan and deliver strategic research programs that will inspire project teams and clients to reimagine end-to-end experiences, disrupt industries, and shape the future. In addition, you will help build thought leadership in topics/domains that are strategically important to us and our clients.
- Plan, design, lead, and deliver strategic research programs to understand the mindsets, behaviours, and dynamics of people, markets, organizations, and ecosystems.
- Uncover deep insights, frame viable opportunities, depict possible futures, and craft compelling stories through strategic foresight, exploratory research, contextual inquiry, generative research, co-creation, and sensemaking.
- Create research-related deliverables and assets such as mental models, mindsets, experience maps, deep insights, framed opportunities, scenarios, and compelling stories.
- Pressure-test and validate strategies, hypotheses, concepts, and minimum viable solutions through evaluative research (e.g., prototyping and experimentation).
- Support the development and publishing of thought leadership content.
- Work with studio leadership to uncover opportunities to use the power of design research and design thinking to tackle complex challenges for new and existing clients.
- Work with studio leadership to elevate and strengthen design research as a discipline and practice (with a focus on cultivating a culture of ethics, inclusion, and diversity in research).
- Work with studio leadership to improve and expand the toolkit (methods, tools, processes) for design research and design thinking.
- Work with studio leadership to build awareness and interest in design research in the broader design and business community in Ireland and beyond.
- Inherently inquisitive and open-minded.
- An enthusiastic collaborator and a good communicator.
- Good at making others feel comfortable taking part in research.
- Willing to learn new things and share knowledge with others.
- Good at zooming out (seeing the bigger picture) and zooming in (getting the details right).
You're interested in exploring new ways to...
- Understand complex (eco)systems and problems
- Understand organizations and competitive landscapes
- Understand people and activities in context
- Orchestrate and synthesise multiple research sources and methods (both qualitative and quantitative)
- Validate concepts for new or revamped products, services, and end-to-end experiences
- Help customers and end-users create value through new products, services, and experiences
- Understand the impact of behavioural data and emerging technologies on products, services, and end-to-end experiences
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in design research, applied ethnography, behavioural marketing, innovation management, transdisciplinary design, or industrial/service/UX design
- 5+ years of relevant work experience
- 3+ years of experience of planning, designing, leading, and delivering strategic research programs, ideally in the context of a human-centred design/innovation process
- Strong leadership skills, collaboration skills, communication skills, client management skills, conflict resolution skills, and judgment
- Firm understanding of people-centric design research in terms of mindsets, approaches, processes, activities, methods, and tools
- Solid portfolio of research assets and deliverables, ideally across multiple industries / service sectors
Our work environment and facilities are second to none – a fully equipped 1,000 sqm studio with state-of-the-art labs and prototyping facilities designed to maximise collaboration, creativity, experimentation, and progress. We offer you the opportunity to work and grow in a dynamic and supportive team environment. You will be encouraged and empowered to realise your professional potential and grow through continuous learning.
If you need any further information about this position, please reach out to Robert Bau, email@example.com. If you are interested, please click Apply and attach the following:
CV & Portfolio of your work (PDF format)